What is restorative dentistry?
At Centre Place Dental in Lincoln, Nebraska, our team of professionals is committed to providing comprehensive dental care to our community. Drs. Chris and Robin Post specialize in restorative dentistry, offering patients with damaged smiles effective treatments to restore both health and functionality.
Understanding restorative dentistry procedures
Our team defines restorative dental care as a set of procedures that aim to repair damaged teeth or gums. These services are crucial for restoring oral health and wellness for our patients. Our dedicated dental team can guide you through the various restorative dentistry solutions we offer, such as:
- Dentures. Missing teeth can be replaced with dentures. Our team offers partial, full, and implant-retained dentures to replace one, several, or even all teeth in the smile.
- Dental bridges. A dental bridge is a porcelain restoration including false teeth and crowns that can “bridge the gap” when one or several teeth in a row have been extracted or are missing. These are bonded into place for a more permanent solution than removable partial and full dentures.
- Dental implants. Patients can enjoy a permanent replacement option for their teeth with dental implants. These titanium posts are placed by an oral surgeon during a procedure right into the jawbone and provide patients with a proper foundation for a restoration, like a dental bridge, crown, or denture placed over the abutment.
- Dental fillings. Areas of tooth decay can be repaired with dental fillings. Our team is proud to use composite resin fillings, which are safer than metal and silver amalgam alternatives used by other dentists in the area.
- Periodontal treatments. Scaling and root planing is a popular dental treatment for patients experiencing this devastating infection that can result in the loss of gum tissue, jawbone, and natural teeth. This condition cannot be cured, only managed, so prevention of gum disease is critical to avoid any permanent or long-lasting damage to the smile.
Repair your smile today with restorative dentistry solutions!
If you live in or around Lincoln, Nebraska, and are interested in learning more about the restorative procedures available to address gum tissue loss, tooth loss, and conditions such as periodontal disease and tooth decay, call our office today at (402) 799-4977. Our office is conveniently located at 144 North 44th Street, Suite F, and is open to new patients and families.